Wednesday, November 2, 2011
A-TACS Sniper Gear Release
Begin ad copy:
"Since 1999, Tempe, Arizona based Tactical Concealment Manufacturing has been the “go-to” source for all manner of specialized sniper gear and other concealment products. They specialize in building uniquely designed, high-quality gear for law enforcement and military use. Their client list consists primarily of highly trained military and special operations professionals worldwide. Their base foundation products are designed for flexibility, making it easy for the end-user to conceal themselves simply and effectively no matter what the operating environment. Now, based on demand from the Special Operations community, they are offering a full line of base garments in A-TACS Camo including:
The Mamba Suit in A-TACS Camo
- Closed-Chest System, Side entry via Fastex buckles along side of Blouse.
- Removable & Thickness Adjustable Padding on: Elbows, Forearms, Chest, Knees
- 1000 Denier Nylon Skid Protection
- Nylon 550 Nylon Cord for Garnish Attach (Tighter grid work for more effective foliage attach).
- Adjustable Hand Loops
- Blouse is upgradeable to accommodate Tactical Concealment’s Adjustable Sniper Hood.
- Adjustable Foot Stirrups
- One-Size-Fits-All Sleeve Length via Wrist Tension Cords.
- One-Size-Fits-All Leg Length via Ankle Tension Cords
- Adjustable Egress Suspension System (Crotch Strap) via Fastex Buckle
- MOLLE Webbing integrated on each trouser leg to accomodate your own custom gear-pocket.
- Reinforced seat and Crotch using Cordura®
- Entire back of shirt is ventilated with a Flame Retardant Mesh fabric.
- Reinforced Trouser Fly Snap
- 2″ Wide Duty Belt, Fully Waist Adjustable
The Cobra Suit in A-TACS Camo
The Cobra system base garment is designed to be worn in conjunction and work in unison with combat loadout equipment including LBV’s, Assault Vests and slim line backpack systems. The operator is now able to achieve the camouflage/concealment effectiveness a sniper has in a ghillie suit but scaled into a package that is practically suited toward the working needs and style of an assaulter. The Cobra is suited for LP/OP, Reconnaissance/Intelligence Gathering, Ranging, Forward Observation, Dismounted Patrol, Ambush Line and Target Beaconing. One size fits most.
- One-Size-Fits-All, Adjustable chest tension straps, hood cinching cords.
- Nylon Cord is bar-tacked throughout entire outer shell to accommodate the use of jute or foliage.
- Fabric and Nylon Ventilation Mesh construction equals weightlessness and durability making the system comfortable and non-restrictive.
The Viper Hood in A-TACS Camo
The GhillieSkins Viper Hood is new high-speed low-profile and lightweight garment designed not just for snipers but for any operator who can benefit from having an edge toward visual based camouflage/concealment. Specific to this type of operator is that like the Cobra, this garment is also designed to be worn in conjunction and work in unison with combat loadout equipment including LBV’s, Assault Vests and Backpack systems. The Viper Hood is also well suited for LP/OP, Reconnaissance/Intelligence Gathering, Ranging, Forward Observation, Dismounted Patrol, Ambush Line and Target Beaconing. One size fits most.
- Easy to wear design distorts critical factor “Head & Shoulders”
- Modular design, easily convert garment toward mission specifics
- Weighs less than 1 lb
- Easily stow into BDU pant cargo pocket when not in use.
- Wear over head, hat or helmet
The Sidewinder Chest Skid Plate in A-TACS Camo
Designed to provide an operator a smooth unobstructed chest skid surface to conduct effective sniper low crawls. Additionally it provides much needed comfort and reduces physiological degradation often found against harsh ground surfaces and temperate conditions. The one piece skid plate is constructed from 1000 denier Cordura nylon. Adjustable straps transverse the wearers waist and back allow for adjustment for different size operators. Quick employment and exit of the garment are performed behalf 1-inch ITW Nexus buckles. An inner liner hosts a side entry pocket for document and map storage and allows the operator to adjust the level of chest padding. A 1-inch webbing egress crotch strap keeps the SideWinder from riding-up during reverse crawls. Combine the SideWinder Chest Skid plate with Tactical Concealment’s Viper or Cobra upper garments along with the Armadillo leg chaps and you will have a completely modular sniper garment suited for a wide variety of tactical applications.
Sniper Boonie Hat in A-TACS Camo
The Snipers Boonie is designed to address the critical factor of head and shoulder concealment, One size fits most. Features include:
- Entire crown of hat is ventilated with nylon mesh. Mesh is tucked in-between fabric to ensure no pinching against the
- Outer portion of brim has 550 cord tacked in place for foilage or jute attachment.
- Oversized netting allows user trim length to their preference.
Law Enforcement or Military Personnel, for additional information on these products, visit them online at www.tacticalconcealment.com or, contact them by e-mail at: email@example.com."
Now before you get super excited, some of the products described retail at over $700, but there are cheaper alternatives as well. Most would possibly be out of the casual paintball/airsoft price range, but aside from their marketed LE/Military customers I'm sure that there would be some hunters willing to pay that price for a quality suit.
13 days till the A-TACS FG release! Who's excited?