In all honesty, there is no Worst Product Award (I know, you're all shocked, please forward all complaints to Mike@greyops.net), but so rarely does a turd of a product such as this one come along, I just had to take advantage of it.
Take a look at this video so you know where I'm coming from:
Here are my gripes (in a list, because I like lists, come at me bro):
- It's heat shrink. Any amount over the price of common heat shrink you pay for this thing (1" heat shrink can be found for $0.5-1 a foot, and a barrel length of Rain Sleeve costs you $4) is money wasted. But you do get pretty colours (agglets take note).
- It can only be used once, then you have to cut/rip it off, and you'll want to do that because it will nullify any porting, which brings us to...
- Why not just use a cheap unported barrel/tip if you're that worried about moisture in your barrel?
- You have to use a lighter (preferably a jet light for convenience's sake), meaning you're probably going to bake a bunch of crud onto your barrel if you do it wrong/too heavily in one spot. That will affect performance until you can scour your barrel (which nobody wants to do).
- There is already a perfect rain sleeve available for much cheaper than $4 at any corner store, and it's reusable/doesn't require a lighter. *Ahem* small prophylactics (hey, you might have some of those lying around already). Please note those aren't universally reusable, just for your paintball barrel.*
- The logo reminds me of the anus of a cat.
- I wish I could run faster.
*Grey Ops will not be held responsible for any child support payments as a result of improper use of any Rain Sleeve alternatives. It also retains the right to laugh at anyone that actually puts a real condom on their paintball barrel.