Enough Drowning Pool Already
I don't often go off on unreasonable tirades, but this is one of those rare occasions that merits a rant concerning something of no great importance.
For whatever reason, "Bodies" by Drowning Pool is an immensely popular video for us paintballers. I won't say I dislike the song, but because I spend way too much time on the internet, I come across it far too often. You need only peruse Youtube's paintball selection for several minutes before you hear it.
Here's an example of ten videos with the aforementioned song:
There could be a few reasons for the prolific distribution of Bodies...
- In fitting with a theme of mindless aggression, maybe it appeals to our community of adrenaline junkies (that's not a dig by the way).
- Many people see the phrase, "Let the bodies hit the floor" as an appropriate analogy for righteous eliminations.
- It's in Youtube's roster of songs that users may use to patch up a video that previously infringed upon copyright law.
Whatever the reason, let's please move past this song. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has grown weary of it.
If you're looking for an aggressive/adrenaline fueling song for your paintball video, please consider the following alternatives:
- Limp Bizkit - Rollin' (Warning: Crotch grabbing ahead)
- Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine (Swedish metal)
- Muse - Knights of Cydonia (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly meets Star Wars)
- The Offspring - Genocide ("Hope you like my genocide")
- Igor Stravinsky - Rite of Spring [excerpt] (Caused a massive riot when it was premiered, when was the last time Bodies did that hm?)
- Tiger Army - Swift Silent Deadly (Psychobilly)
- Tyler Bates - Fever Dream (From the 300 soundtrack)
P.S. In the hopes of avoiding an overly ironic post, there are no links to "Bodies" in this article. I'm not a big fan of O Fortuna or Down With the Sickness either.